Friday, May 9, 2008

No Need to Respond, I know...

Don't you just hate child molesters? And high Gas prices? I mean I really hate these things. I wish 'those' people would do something about these horrible things.
Who does love child molesters and high gas prices? No one does. So it is easy pandering that we can go to our politicians and demand that they do something about whatever our ills are. So they turn around and come up with brilliant plans like dropping federal taxes off of gasoline sales and invading ranches in Texas and taking seizure of a hundred kids. While i am not condoning what was going on in Texas (remember, no one likes child molesters), but it does reek a little of religious fervor. And the gas price tax relief would maybe save the average person $30 over the 3 month period, that is if the gas companies don't raise their prices, which they probably would because they already saw that we are willing to pay more for gas. But lets not forget what that tax money goes to pay for, the maintenance of the federal roads and highways. It would put 10,000 people out of work for the summer and potentially increase the amount of accidents due to poorly maintained roads and intersections.
Lets drive less and put more pressure on the Exxon Mobiles of the world to come up with some cash or freeze their prices. Maybe Hugo Chavez was onto something when he took control over his countries oil production from private companies and now the government sets the gas prices, currently 11 cents a gallon.

3 comments:

Nicki W. said...

Campagins are run on the obvious. It doesn't matter what your affiliation is, every side states the obvious. And the gas tax holiday is a total farce. I didn't like the potholes this spring at all, I can just imagine what the roads will be like come fall. And what about all the construction projects? Workers out of work and orange barrels in permanent positions. Stupid idea to save $30 bucks. And no, the oil companies won't take the loss. They will just pass that right back to us and raise their prices. Stupid, stupid idea. I just wonder if the politicians endorsing this think that the public is too stupid to figure out that we will still end up paying, either in high gas prices or car repairs because the suspension system is ruined from crappy roads.

Kay said...

I was here. It's late and I needed to leave a comment.

Kay said...

Good luck in your future plans, Ty.
Keep on doodling!